Tuesday 27 May 2008

Feeling grotty.

The trouble with pre-packed sandwiches is that they may contain things you like but which don't like you. Like cucumber. Yesterday's lunch is not just a memory, it is an abiding presence. Even Zantac hasn't shifted my indigestion. So I was up at 6am, walking the dog by 7 and not entirely looking forward to a drive to the Borders later today. On the plus side, I completed the Times 2 crossword and codeword before 8am which is unheard of. Why oh why didn't Leviticus ban us from eating cucumber rather than shellfish and rabbit?

2 comments:

  1. Ah, Dougal, it'd be your prawns that would have done for me!

    Try (a) peppermint oil (b) charcoal tablets...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I just left it to time the great healer and it passed by the evening.

    ReplyDelete