Friday 31 October 2008

Halloween - dontcha just hate it?

I was never a fan of Halloween as a kid. Out in stupid clothes on a cold night (which is what the clergy end up doing sometimes, but that's by the by!), turnip lanterns stank, we ended up eating neeps (a veg I can live without unless well creamed and served with spuds to kill the taste) for days afterwards. Nope, it's not my favourite festival. I'd much rather have had Diwali, personally. Nice Indian grub at least. But now the Americanisation of it all leaves me utterly cold about it all. Pumpkins? Trick or Treat? Bah!

Off to visit the sick this afternoon. If I can find her, that is. Yesterday was spent hunting through 6 wards in 2 different hospitals and still the admission dept couldn't tell me where Sadie was. Eventually a helpful Ward Sister spent the best part of 15 minutes tracking down for me. With modern computer technology, you'd think this wouldn't be a problem these days wouldn't you?

1 comment:

  1. Ah, you should try the kind of evening we had at Holy T, Dunoon - check out KB's blog...

    ReplyDelete