Thursday 21 January 2010

A day in the life of...

Ivan Denisovich? No, just me! More soup making - Mum's quick and easy pea and ham had to be adapted, due to a shortage in the Supie of frozen peas. Why no peas? All bought to act as ice packs for peeps who have slipped and fallen in the ice and snow! One effect of climate change you rarely hear about! So they were replaced by frozen broccoli.

Then off to the Cathedral to celebrate the 1.05 Mass. Again, it was eastward facing and I have suddenly twigged as to why I may prefer the eastward position. If I have Aspergers syndrome, the extra visual stimuli the celebrant gets whilst facing the people sends my little brain into overdrive. Filtering out the distractions stresses me, so facing east means I am less stressed. It may have nothing at all to do with theology (which I have always said it was) but all to do with the way my brain is wired! Instead of having to adopt all sorts of theological positions which I thought flowed from my liturgical preferences (as I did when younger - and having been living with the consequences ever since), I can feel totally guiltless about it! I don't need to be consistent!

The chiropractor tweaked my back after my little "boing" and, whilst it still aches a bit, it is back in order, so the pain should go after a good nights sleep. Then a study group (with soup) and then early Compline. Now for a bit of telly and some hot chocolate!

And for your entertainment - a little Compline something.


No comments:

Post a Comment