Wednesday 24 March 2010

Of merdre and martyrs!

"That which you do for the least of your brethren, ye do also for me" takes on a new significance when you deal with an incontinence pad for the 1st time on yer own! But in a good way: pure dead diaconal so it is. I have also managed a minor technological triumph in as much as I got the new printer to talk to the computer and print. Yay!
Today is the heavenly birthday of Oscar Romero Bishop and martyr. Psalm 3 was our morning psalm and it is powerful:
"Many are they that talk of me and say:"There is no help for him in his God"
But you, Lord, are about me as a shield: you are my glory and the lifter up of my head."
Yes, I know that very well, that feeling of helplessness, hopelessness and powerlessness. And also the difficulty in believing that God gives a monkey's for me. But I also know that God as I experience and understand him/her/it/whatever DOES lift up my head. So laus deo and on we go!

No comments:

Post a Comment