Wednesday 1 May 2013

Have Dog-Collar, will travel

It's that time of year again when those of us whose ministry is non-stipendiary and who are willing to blip about the countryside with our cassock-albs disappear of our usual local ecclesiastical hangouts and hit the road to cover clergy summer holidays.  Both a joy and a pest as I like being of service, but I miss the familiar people and occasionally wonder "Who the 'eck designed this liturgy?"

This year I've been a wandering early: I've already done the last Sunday of the Vacancy at St Cuthbert's Colinton .  My next jaunt is up to St Fillan's Fairmilehead on Sunday  and I am booked to cover Gullane and North Berwick in June, with a possible pop-up at Eyemouth TBA.

I actually enjoy this jaunting about and seeing something of the diversity of the Church.  It may be my last bit of wandering for a while as St Mike's is going into vacancy as of August (the "new" Rector is going off to be chaplain to a Independent school in Surrey founded in the dim and distant past by the very Protestant Bishop Ridley of London).  So I'll enjoy it while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment